Thursday, July 5, 2012

Good Swim

Apparently the light in my kitchen is absolutely terrible, so I apologize for the picture quality.  I began my morning, not with a run, but with a scrambled egg/avocado/wholewheat English muffin sandwich, a nectarine, and tea.
my breakfast for this whole week basically

After a long morning of cleaning through stacks of papers and magazines in my apartment, I had some wholewheat rotini with cherry tomatoes and shredded mozzarella cheese (just like yesterday).


I braved the heat to head over to the gym in the afternoon to knock out a swim workout (WU 500, 8x100- 50 sprint 50 easy, 8x50- 25 sprint 25 easy, CD 200), and it turned out to be a very good swim!  The pool was not crowded (for ONCE), so I got to have my own lane.  During my cooldown swim, I was the only one in the pool!  
I felt a bit nauseous once I got home, so I had a snack.  Blackberries, graham crackers, and, since I can't often eat straight out peanut butter (I seem to be mildly allergic), PB2 (powdered peanut butter with a lot less fat) mixed into greek yogurt.  



The PB2/Greek yogurt was very tangy.  There was a slight peanut butter taste though, so I may continue to tweak these proportions.
Dinner was sauteed mushrooms, chicken with some leftover chocolate bbq sauce from Hersheypark, and some bubbly water - flavored with lemongrass, mint, and vanilla.  A very refreshing beverage!

mushrooms cook down a lot!



I heard tonight is actually going to get down to 70 degrees!  Woo!


No comments:

Post a Comment