Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Birthday Dinner

This is evidently the week of sleeping in!  With the cool air and the windows open, I couldn't resist snuggling under my covers for an extra hour.  Once I finally got up, I had to get outside.  A 6-mile run was absolutely gorgeous.  Two banana pancakes (batter from yesterday) were made and eaten with plenty of maple syrup.


I'm not sure if it was the pancakes or the run, but my stomach started to feel queasy after about an hour, so I rested on the couch and watched tv for most of the afternoon.  Destination Truth, then What Not to Wear, then Food Network (I love watching other people cook).  Hooray for mindless television.  Mid-afternoon I was feeling much better and hungry again, so I ate the rest of the roast beef hoagie I had for dinner last night.


For dinner my family had plans to go to The Capital Grille in King of Prussia to celebrate my birthday (June 27), my sister's birthday (June 19), and my dad's birthday (June 17).  


my sister and me!

When my parents made the reservations, the restaurant apparently asked if we would be celebrating anything, and my parents told them about the birthdays, so our table was decorated!


As soon as we ordered, I made sure to sample the bread.  Yum!  But, proudly, I limited myself to only one piece.


You know I love my carbs!  Wine was also drunk.


We ordered lobster macaroni and asparagus to share.

sorry about the pictures, it was pretty dark in the restaurant

I ordered the bone-in Kona crusted dry aged sirloin with caramelized shallot butter (that was on the menu, I didn't make it up!).  Rare, of course.  So tasty!  I saved about half to eat for lunch tomorrow.

look at that red!

Of course, as my dad finished the bottle of wine, he planted it right on the butter plate, officially making us the classiest people in the entire restaurant.  The manager of the whole restaurant was standing right there as he did it....he had a very odd look on his face but didn't say anything!  We really made fun of my dad for that!


Our desserts came out with candles, since we were celebrating our birthdays!  Fortunately, no embarrassing singing or chanting was involved.  I was grateful.



My dessert was the cheesecake.  It was not your typical New York-style cheesecake.  It barely even tasted like cheesecake, it was so sweet - with a brulee-esque crust of caramelized sugar on top.  It was so yummy!  We knew one of the cooks, so on the way out we snuck close to the kitchen to say a quick hello.
Meanwhile, the weather is still beautiful.  I have the windows open again, and am watching Tuesday night Big Bang Theory.  I'll turn 29 while I'm asleep tonight!


No comments:

Post a Comment