Monday, June 25, 2012

So What Happened to Mack?

Perfect weather for a beach day!

I slept in, and got another Wawa turkey sausage bagelwich for breakfast (they are so good!)
It was indeed perfect beach weather.  The sun was warm but not too warm, there was a slight cool breeze but not so much that sand got everywhere.  The water temperature was wonderful!  I hadn't been swimming in the ocean in a long while.  Lunch, of course, was pizza from Mack and Manco's.  Wait.  Sorry.  Manco and Manco's.  What happened to Mack?!?!
I brought a Nature's Promise sweet and salty peanut butter bar for a snack.  I wouldn't recommend it for a beach snack - the peanut butter "frosting" on the bottom (the sweet part) melted and made a mess when I opened the bar to eat it!  It still tasted good, though.  I also swung by Java Jane's for my favorite - frozen hot chocolate!  It's so chocolately and refreshing, I almost always get one when I go to Ocean City.
The chocolate drips down the side really make the drink.

I spent my towel time sleeping and reading "My Life on the Run" by Bart Yasso.  It really inspires me to want to run more (and more importantly, more consistently), not just for a time but because I love to run.  At about 7, some light clouds rolled in and covered up the sun, so I decided it was time to head home.  I stopped for dinner at Obadiah's, right outside OC.

I was craving fresh produce, so I got the fruit and chicken salad with mango vinaigrette.
Doesn't that salad look great?
I ate the thin cracker with goat cheese first :)  I also ordered an Eastern Shore Lemonade (citron vodka, triple sec, sour mix, and 7up).
cold and sour.  yum!

It was an absolutely perfect day.  And that is how I am going to remember it.  So I am not going to talk about the 3+ hour traffic jam that was my drive home.   ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment