Monday, June 25, 2012

It's a Monday...

I decided to sleep in again, after my loooong drive home last night.  Before my run, I quickly ate 2 graham crackers to keep my stomach from growling.  The temperature had cooled off, but it was still pretty humid.  I did 5 miles, with 3x800 faster intervals spaced in there.  By the time I made it back home and showered, it was almost lunchtime, so I decided to combine breakfast and lunch, and made banana pancake batter.  This was inspired by a recipe from the Peanut Butter Fingers blog, one of my favorite blogs (I read Julie's blog every day!).  I used 1 1/2c oats, 1/2c plain Greek yogurt, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 banana, 1/4c skim milk, 1/4tsp vanilla extract, 1 egg.  I tried to blend everything in my blender (it took awhile.  I might try something different next time...or at least not put the dry oats on the bottom).  Once it finally blended, I cooked 2 pancakes to eat, and put the rest of the batter in the fridge for another meal.
For some reason, my pancakes get really done (almost crispy) on the outside, but still kind of batter-y on the inside (almost not done).  I don't know what I'm doing wrong!
Later in the afternoon I got snackish, so I air popped 1/4c popcorn kernels in the microwave inside a paper bag.  Easy crunchy snack!
I had an early playreading committee meeting up at dcp theatre, and I had to run to the library and bank on the way, so I grabbed a roast beef hoagie from Acme on the way.  It wasn't too terrible...  I added a kiwi for sweetness and fruit.  After the 2+ hour meeting (I can't release any details about the meeting as it had to do with the slate for next year), I felt hungry again.  I snacked on a string cheese, and had another piece of birthday cake (from last year....there are still 4 pieces left and only 1 more day before my birthday this year!).
Right now the temperature is in the mid-60s.  I have my air conditioner turned off and my windows open.  I could definitely deal with this all summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment