Thursday, June 21, 2012

Second Try

I suppose it takes awhile for something to become a habit.  So I'm going to try this blog thing again!  Maybe now that it's summer I'll be more likely to keep it up.

I wanted to get my run in first thing this morning, considering it was already almost 80 degrees at 7:00am.  I managed to get four miles in, very slowly.  Whatever, I was burning calories!  I drank an orange Gatorade afterwards to replace all those fluids and electrolytes (normally I wouldn't after only 4 miles, but it was so hot!)

Breakfast was some Greek yogurt mixed with honey and blueberries (and tea...chocolate chai).
Later in the morning, I had 2 graham crackers before heading to the gym for a swim.  (WU 500m, 4x200, 4x150, CD 200)
Afterwards, it was time for lunch!  Whole-wheat pasta with shrimp and goat cheese!  Yum!
I also sliced up a banana and drizzled some dark chocolate balsamic vinegar over it.
I got pretty hungry mid-afternoon, so I air-popped some popcorn kernels in a paper bag in the microwave.
Dinner was homemade pizza with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and sausage.
And for dessert, some birthday cake (mine, from last year.....I guess I should finish that before my birthday....next week....) and a handful of jelly beans.
I hope this humidity and heat break soon; working out outside is really uncomfortable!

No comments:

Post a Comment