Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Back to Normal Life

So I'm back from Europe, the trip was wonderful, and now life's kind of boring again.  I guess I need to find a way to make my own entertainment!

I've decided that I'm going to put everything I eat up here, even if I'm slightly embarrassed/ashamed about what I ate.  Today would be an example of that.

I think my schedule may play a factor in my increasing levels of hunger.  I started the day with a run.


It is still so hot and humid.  This weather pattern is just not breaking!

I ate a package of Gu chomps (peach tea) and drank some water before my second workout.

I'm trying to do 2 workouts most days - a run and P90X.  I figure I'm not really doing anything else before work, so I might as well work out!  I ate a granola bar with my coffee after my shower.

About an hour later, I had Greek yogurt mixed with agave nectar and blueberries.

Lunch was leftover onion bread from the Indian restaurant I ate at last night.  I have no idea what was in the bread, but it tasted like naan with onions.  Pretty basic.
At work, I realized I was starving.  I ate another granola bar (dark chocolate, same company) and a piece of plain cheese pizza from Massimo's next door (I was really hungry).  After I got home from work, I was even hungrier, so I had an astounding amount of tortilla chips (with some salsa) and a glass of white zinfandel (not usually a huge fan, but it's sweet and cold so it's good for summer).  And that dinner is what I'm embarrassed about.  But I do feel at least a tiny bit better admitting it in public.
I don't know what it is about tortilla chips.  I could eat them all day, every day.  I'm overall usually a sweets person, but when it comes to tortilla chips (these multigrain ones, they just seem to have so much more flavor), I would choose them every time over dessert.  Other chips, not so much.  But there's something about multigrain corn chips.
Besides that, I need to figure out some way to get control over my raging hunger.  Maybe it's because I'm working out more than usual.  Maybe it's because I barely eat anything before noon (as a result of working out).  Maybe I am not eating filling enough foods.  These could all be possible causes.  I think I'm going to have to just prepare more foods (especially foods that I could eat in the morning that wouldn't make me feel sick when working out or between workouts).




No comments:

Post a Comment